Sunday, December 22, 2019

Frog Motel

As a child in north Queensland I would find frogs hiding inside galvanised pipe fence posts. My recollection is that nearly all fence posts had a frog inside sometimes more than one.

A couple of years ago I mounted a couple of 90mm pipes vertically on a fence under a tree. They were to be frog refuges. I have never seen a frog near them.

Frogs do live at my address I hear them calling from the trees occasionally.

Listening to the radio recently I heard a representative of the local frog society recommending the vertical pipes as frog motels.

I have purchased some 40mm pipes (which is closer to the size of the galavanised pipes) to make more motels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gas Lighting

Gas lighting was nominated as word of the year yesterday by Mirrium-Webster. When I look it up, the source of the term is nomin...