Thursday, May 21, 2020

Black Plum Lover

I have a large fruit tree in my garden a burrpurr (also called Diospyros australis or black plum).

Unfortunately it gives no fruit - it only has female flowers. Today I went looking in a native nursery for another tree - a male.

The nursery is famous for its native plants and once featured on the national gardening show. Now it is a sad site - with a much reduced range and much empty space. So many plants looked half dead.
The healthiest plants appeared to come from a commercial wholesaler.
There were three Diospyros australis. I bought the only one that looked like it might survive, it could be male or female.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gas Lighting

Gas lighting was nominated as word of the year yesterday by Mirrium-Webster. When I look it up, the source of the term is nomin...