Monday, December 14, 2020

Simplicity


 I went op shopping and found a book called Quotable Poems (about 800 pages). It was obviously made for the USA market - The holiday poems included Lincoln's Birthday and Columbus Day. 

Most of the book was far too religious for my taste with lots of references to the non-existent God. As for Columbus, he murdered and raped the inhabitants of the New World, and enslaved and committed genocide.

But I did find a poem I liked -

When the sun rises, I go to work;
When the sun goes down, I take my rest;
I dig the well from which I drink;
I farm the soil that yields my food.
I share creation; kings can do no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gas Lighting

Gas lighting was nominated as word of the year yesterday by Mirrium-Webster. When I look it up, the source of the term is nomin...