Friday, February 19, 2021

Pen Replacement





I wrote with a ballpoint pen for many years. My favourite is the Uniball Eye fine (=0.7mm) permanent and waterproof. My favourite colour is wine red - dark and highly visible for marking up engineering drawings.

A warning though do not take it on plane - the change in air pressure causes the ink to leak out. If the cap is on it will fill with ink - permanent and waterproof.

In grade 8, the Canadian teacher did not understand that biro was the Australian term for a pen, after the inventor.

In order to reduce my use of plastic, I am saving my remaining pens for special use. For everyday use I am converting back to pencil.

When I started school, the teacher said that my work was far too grubby and that I needed to change from HB pencils to 4H pencils. I used Copperplate 4H  for the rest of my school days.

Now because I like a thick dark line I am using 4B, and 6B pencils.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Gas Lighting

Gas lighting was nominated as word of the year yesterday by Mirrium-Webster. When I look it up, the source of the term is nomin...